Karl's Kids Program Message Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Karl's Kids Program, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Public Charity

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Florida Anyone?  (Read 2495 times)

Ilghaus

• Theresa J. "TJ"
  • Administrator
  • "Karl"
Florida Anyone?
« on: November 18, 2006, 04:00:15 PM »
Has anyone ever been to Florida -- the land of Mickey Mouse and sandy beaches?
We have old forts and horse farms. Florida has lots of things to see and do and plenty of sights to take great pictures.
Executive Director of Karl's Kids Program, Inc.

DancingCavy

• Art Director
  • Staff
  • I maek teh pikturs.
Re: Florida Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 08:09:31 PM »
I have been to Florida.  My family and I took two vacations down there when I was a kid.  My great-grandmother used to live in Lakeland, FL and we visited her the first time.  I was in 5th grade and we went to Disney World, Universal Studios, Busch Gardens, and Cypress Gardens.  We also went to Clearwater Beach.  It was a lot of fun.

The second time we went I was a bit older (10th or 11th grade).  My mom won the trip off the radio.  We went to MGM Studios, Epcot Center, Universal Studios, and the Kennedy Space Center. 
Jamie
Art Director for KsKs
Professional artist and amateur photographer
Risa, CGC: Mystery Mutt.
Kira (RIP) and Dusti: the Teddy guinea pigs.
Dancing Cavy Productions

Ilghaus

• Theresa J. "TJ"
  • Administrator
  • "Karl"
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 10:03:02 PM »
You know you can live near someplace and never go. Here's a spot that I will go to -- someday.

Website Link

Quote from website:
ST. AUGUSTINE NIGHTS OF LIGHTS
NOV 18 - JANUARY 31 2007
More than two million tiny white lights will glow along the ancient streets and historic buildings of the Nation’s oldest city when the 13th Annual Nights of Lights celebration sparkles to life at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, November 18. Tracing its origins to the Spanish tradition of displaying a lighted white candle during the Christmas holidays, the spectacular lighting in St. Augustine reflects the city’s 441-year history while creating a beautiful setting for the holidays through January 31.

and

In the gentle glow of the lights, a dazzling array of special events and activities await visitors. Nighttime tours of ancient buildings and inns led by storytellers in period clothing, rollicking train and trolley tours through the narrow brick streets, festive shopping, art walks featuring more than 20 galleries serving free holiday refreshments on the First Friday in December and January, luminaries in the town plaza, holiday concerts – even a Christmas parade – are among the special events to be added to the memory books of visitors and residents alike.

It sounds just beautiful. I've seen pictures where they even decorate the boats.

Ilghaus

• Theresa J. "TJ"
  • Administrator
  • "Karl"
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 10:06:57 PM »
A real fun place to go in St. Augustine is around St. George's Street.

Fudge shops where you can watch them make the fudge. Glass blowers making delicate little figurines and large objects. There are shops with antiques and many places to buy trinkets. There is a really good restaurant in that area that is famous for black beans & rice. Yummy!

Ilghaus

• Theresa J. "TJ"
  • Administrator
  • "Karl"
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 01:00:15 AM »
There are some places that I have been to in St. Augustine that I did not care for at all.  One such place was

Ripley's Believe it or Not!  This is kind of a creepy crowded place. Lots and lots of newspaper clippings so I thought it was also kind of boring. This is just the way that I feel as many people really like it.

I also dislike going to the Castillo de San Marcos just because I have been there so many times. I think you would have to really be into the Spanish history here in FL to get the benefit of this spot. It is really pretty small inside and very sparse. Rock walls for tiny rooms.

hopesclan

• Staff
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 02:35:40 AM »
I've been to Florida but it was to go to a hospital ad I didn't even get to see the beach  :-[ .  I want to go back and go to the beach and disney world and see many other places.  My friend has a house down there that they vacation at.  They said that I can come with them sometime.  I wonder if Hope would like the beach?

CarpetShark

• Staff
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 03:10:38 AM »
I got to visit Florida for the first time last year, and had a wonderful vacation, although I didn't get to see many of the sights because my time there was so short, it would be fun to return when I can stay longer!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »